About Me

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vista no sound Solution

Countless hours of experimenting on drivers i successfully installed xp on my hp dv4 1228ca pavillion using slipstream. A few days later i been experiencing random shutdowns from my laptop which is inevitable because of the probability of incompatible hardwares Hp Dv4's are made vista ready. So i finally decided to go back to vista.

After i finished installing vista i was surprised to find out that there is no sound. So i went to hp website and downloaded the proper audio driver for my laptop. No luck, there was still no sound. Went to microsoft forums still no luck.

There was this techie guy i know on the internet and asked him if he knows how to solve this problem and he gave me a solution which was very simple and what do you know it worked like a charm.

This is what i did to solve this problem.

Solution #1:

Go to you registry and navigate your way to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole

On the right side delete the registry key "DefaultAccessPermission"

Do a restart of your computer and "Listen and Smile while your windows starts"\

Be careful in changing registries because it can do harm to your computer.



Solution #2:

-Right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
-Left click on playback devices.
-Highlight Speakers by clicking it once

* Disable that device
* Right click your "Speakers" and enable them....test your sound again..


Solution #3:

-Right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
-In Speakers and Dual headphones right click and choose properties
-On the Enhancement tab check Disable all enhancement.

*Test your sound


Solution #4:

-Go to your device manager
-On the Sound,video game controllers uninstall audio drivers.
-On the Action menu on the toolbar above choose Scan for hardware changes.
-Wait while vista installs your drivers.
-Try to test your sound.



Note: On every end of each solution do a restart of your computer so that your computer can easily detect your changes.

There are many causes why vista has no sound problems, these are just some of the solutions.

Please leave a comment :)

11 comments:

  1. NOT WORKING 4 me
    I'm using ASUS P5LD2 realtek HD audio on vista 64-bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. download the latest driver for your realtek audio driver here. www.realtek.com.tw/downloads or go to Asus website make sure to download 64bit vista drivers.
    I have updated my blog for another solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. under my registry on the location mentioned above, I have (DefaultLaunchPermission) is that the same as (DefaultAccessPermission)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. *(DefaultLaunchPermission)
    *(DefaultAccessPermission)

    both are the same

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there, I've tried everything and still no solution. Windows 7 is running, no sound devices in Device manager, speaker with red x constantly nags in the tray. I've deleted registry line, but there are few more there - should I delete any of them? Like> Default; enabledcom; legacyimpresonationlevel; machine access restriction; machine launch restriction. Also, my sound card is Conexant HD 221 (connected with modem). No luck with trying drivers, uninstalling traces, applying patches, etc. Sound comes and goes after sleep and restart. Strange. Help, please?
    Davor from Croatia
    BTW, I am running Windows 7 64bit, AMD Turion64 dual core, 250 gigs, 4 gigs of ram, etc. System is HP DV2840US Verve entertainment laptop. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried solution #3 and it worked! Thank you!(I'm running Vista on an HP dv4.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it jus worked gr8 for me...thanks n cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. it says i have no audio output divice installed

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was also facing sound problem on my laptop with Windows Vista.Your solution did not seemed to work for me but it worked perfectly after restarting my system that saved me a lots of efforts to find a solution and get it working

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had same issue... Installed sound card driver but no sound at all and error in dxdiag...

    Solution:
    Start > Run > Type "cmd" Enter> Type "sfc/scannow" Enter

    ReplyDelete